Join B'nai B'rith International, PACE General Rapporteur on combating racism and intolerance, MP Petra Bayr and Council of Europe Special Representative of the Secretary General on Antisemitic, Anti-Muslim and other forms of religious intolerance and hate crimes, Alexandre Guessel, for a side event on the topic of annual marches glorifying Nazism and fascism.
Every year, Nazi sympathizers march in European cities to pay tribute to WWII-era war criminals and events. Despite existing Europe-wide legal frameworks that ban Holocaust denial, gross distortion of the Holocaust and hate speech inciting to violence, the marches persist with impunity.
The event will discuss practical ways forward, building on findings of the report produced by B'nai B'rith International and the Amadeu Antonio Foundation earlier this year On Europe's Streets: Annual Marches Glorifying Nazism.
Hosted an moderated by:
- MP Petra Bayr, PACE General Rapporteur on combating racism and intolerance
- Stephane Teicher, Head of Delegation to the Council of Europe, B'nai B'rith International
- Alina Bricman, Director of EU Affairs, B'nai B'rith International,
- Johanan Seynave, Jurist and Researcher, Director, B'nai B’rith Europe,
- Grischa Stanjek, Researcher, Co-founder, democ.
OCTOBER 11, 2023 | 12:45 - 13:45 CET
Palais de l’Europe, Strasbourg | Room 11
Av. de l'Europe, 67000 Strasbourg, France